Salmon Roasted in Corn Husks
1 1/2 lb. salmon fillet
6-8 dried corn husks
1 1/2 cup corn kernels (frozen or 2-3 ears fresh
1/2 medium sized onion coarsely chopped
2 whole garlic cloves minced
2 tbs. butter
Achiote paste (optional for additional flavoring)
1.Pre-heat oven to 375º
2. Soak corn husks in water for approximately 5 – 10
minutes. Drain thoroughly and line bottom of oven-proof
pan with corn husks; overlapping husks till bottom of
pan is covered.
3. Melt butter in skillet and sauté onions and garlic
till tender. Add corn kernels and sauté till
4.Transfer onions and corn kernels to oven-proof dish
lined with corn husks and distribute evenly over the
5. Score the salmon diagonally in both directions cutting
through the skin to the meat of the salmon. This helps
the salmon cook evenly.
6. Place the salmon skins side up on top of the corn
and onion mixture.
7. OPTIONAL For additional aroma and flavor, liberally
spread achiote paste on top of salmon filet.
8. Roast salmon in 375º oven for approximately
25-30 minutes or until the salmon filet goes from a
translucent to transparent appearance.