- 1 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Review – What You Have To Know
- 1.1 Built-In Grinder for Convenience
- 1.2 Pros
- 1.3 Cons
- 1.4 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Preinfusion and Cup Functions
- 1.5 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine General Specifications
- 1.6 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Pressure Gauge and Water Tank
- 1.7 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Customer Reviews and Scores
- 1.8 Possible Rivalries
- 1.9 Conclusion
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Review – What You Have To Know
I never thought that espresso machines are so diversified. Indeed, they are quite common in bars and restaurants, but these days, they are available for home users as well. My first espresso was nothing but guesswork. I imagine that every espresso machine can prepare the addictive beverage, so I bought the cheapest one. One month later, it started to taste sharp. One more month later, the lever started squeaking. That is when I realized how important it is to research options and rely on a reputable manufacturer. So said, so done!
I found Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine among the best selling espresso machines over the Internet. If hundreds of people buy this machine, there must be something appealing about it. I went through its features and tried to figure if they would match my necessities. I dare to say that this machine is general and can meet almost everyone’s expectations. To me, it is perfect. Power, durability and the most aromatic espresso beverage I have ever had. Even more importantly for me, it maintains its consistency, so I can prepare drink after drink without altering the taste. But, what else should you expect from it?Buy Now on Amazon
Built-In Grinder for Convenience
If you are an avid coffee drinker (or even a daily drinker), chances are you know how your favorite drink is produced. You also know that fresh beans add to the overall flavor. From this point of view, grinding should be conducted right before producing the beverage. Just like many other units used for professional purposes, the Breville BES870XL Barista Express model has a built-in grinder. It is located on top of it, so it provides quick and facile access. It can host half a pound of espresso beans. The top lid is also sealed, so no air gets inside. This way, they no longer adopt that musty aroma that no one likes.
When it comes to the grinding feature on the Breville BES870XL, it is genuinely adjustable. You are free to choose how coarse your beverage should be. You can come up with a superfine coffee powder, but also a thicker result. The finer the result is, the stronger the coffee is. Other than that, refilling the grinder is relatively simple, as the hopper can be removed. Forget about spilling the beans all over the countertop. Enjoy a clean and efficient operation, as well as the ideal coffee strength.Buy Now on Amazon
- All the required tools for coffee based drinks are included in the package
- The temperature is adjustable
- The grinding capacity is customizable
- Large capacity
- Dedicated hot water dispenser
- Coffee sludge
- Cannot brew and froth at the same time
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Preinfusion and Cup Functions
The low-pressure preinfusion is mandatory for the overall quality of your beverage. From many points of view, this feature makes the difference between a single espresso and a random one. It works in close collaboration with the shower head style water system. As a direct consequence, the espresso puck is saturated before the pressure is ready to pull the shot. What does it mean? Easy. You just cannot get more flavor for your drink. Besides, you gain as much as possible from your beans.Buy Now on Amazon
As for the cup functions, they are programmable. You got two options – one and two cups. In other words, program the unit to prepare one or two cups on the run. You can adjust this setting if you make espressos for more friends or perhaps your family. Keep in mind that preset cups measure 30 milliliters. But then, you gain access to an extra adjustable feature that allows you to choose how much water to use. This way, you obtain the ideal strength and flavor. Sure, these things are not intuitive. You cannot tell the perfect size until you try several sizes. But with time, you will certainly make the difference.
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine General Specifications
- Measures 13.2×12.5×15.8 inches
- Weighs 23 pounds
- Aluminum and zinc construction for durability
- Hands-free grinding capabilities
- Grinder is built-in
- Programmable water volume
- 15 bar pump
- Steam wand made of stainless steel
- Detailed temperature control
- Hot water dispenser
- Razor dosing tool
- Basket options
- Energy efficiency – standby after one hour and shut down after three hours
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Pressure Gauge and Water Tank
The pressure gauge may not look too fancy or extravagant, but it is robust and does its job. It ensures a top-notch consistency. Determine yourself how much cream you want for the cappuccino or what kind of flavor you enjoy.
As for the water tank, it is quite roomy, so you do not need to put more water in before making an espresso. The tank is rear mounted, so you might need to pull the unit before refilling though. This feature adds to the looks though. The reservoir has not less than 67 ounces of water. It also has a built-in filter to clear impurities.
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Customer Reviews and Scores
I found more than 440 reviews for the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, so it is obviously a top seller. It is rated at 4.5 out of 5 stars, so some customers may still find small things to complain about.
- Foody: “This espresso machine is excellent, but a bit complicated if you are new. Experiment with it, and you will love it!”
- Andrew: “Excellent value for your money! I have the machine for about three months now, and I use it like 5-6 times a day. Works flawlessly.”
- T. Lin: “The machine is good overall, but the frother is killing me. It doesn’t have a dual boiler, so I have to do one thing at a time.”
- Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan
- KitchenAid KES0503ER Nespresso, Empire Red
- KRUPS EA8442 Falcon Fully Automatic Espresso Machine, Black
- SAECO HD8954/47 Philips Xelsis EVO Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- Jura 15006 Impressa C60 Automatic Coffee Center
Buy Now on Amazon
In the end, Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine does not come with any sophisticated or extravagant features, but the required elements for a top-notch functionality and an excellent aroma.